Friday, January 8, 2010

Containment Theme Song

Containment's theme song is 'Lonely Soul' by UNKLE.

The selection was pretty difficult. I tortured myself over it for several weeks, bouncing between quite a few less-than-stellar choices and at one point deciding the game didn't need a theme song at all (in retrospect, a total cop-out). Ultimately, I stumbled across Lonely Soul (I'm not familiar with UNKLE at all) while looking at some recommendations for Spycraft-y music over at the Crafty Games forums. It seems perfect to me as the theme for a team of outcasts and misfits on a desperate-yet-secret mission to save the world.

I'll probably play it during the Intel Phase of each mission, starting now.

Other potential choices were 'Ready, Steady, Go' by Paul Oakenfold, 'Uprising' by Muse, and 'Hero' by Hans Zimmer/John Powell.

2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I think it's an awesome choice. I'm not familiar with UNKLE either but it really does seem to capture the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that! UNKLE actually sounds a lot like this in general, I'll probably use some of their other stuff during the game.

    ReplyDelete